Saturday, October 22, 2005

Are you sure you know what your doing?

Apparently I don't, as my dad pointed out. "Aren't you supposed to knit so there are no holes?", "Yes dad, but I just did it wrong" "well why do you take it out?" "because I DON'T WANT TO". Yes, I have finally got back on track with the knitting! And I have two projects on the go! I finally got needles for hipster (*shudder*, terrible experience, involving crying but lets forget about that...) and it's a really quick knit! Already after knitting one hour (not including the 3 times I ripped it out, never liked how I started it) I am done the initial and a few rows away from ending the flap and heading on to the actual bag. can't wait to felt, it will be my first project!!

(note the holes dad so nicely pointed out...)

What's the seccond project? Why my Clapotis :D. I found some nice verigated yarn in pastel colours. It's not fall colours, but I hope it looks nice (and hey thats just another reason to make myself a seccond one!!). If not I think I will cry untill my room is full of tears :(.

(this is when I started a swatch to see how the colours turned out)
Get this, I was out at an LYS and looky what I found!
A fibre festival! Woot! It may not be Rhineback, but it's as close as I can get for now! I'm sooo excited! And another cool thing, this yarn store had an angora bunny on display! They are so lucky! He is too cute, and is must be some nice yarn they can spin from what he sheds :D.

Check out this article in the newspaper me mommy found. That sounds like such a cool place to live!

One last thing, I wanted to try out making a twisted hank after I saw some discussion on how to do it on the Knitty Coffeeshop. So I experimented with leftover yarn and my bullitin board! I think I get the hang of this...

So that was my day, I hope to finish Hipster tomorrow so I can get it out of the way before school starts so i only have one project on the go. Wish me luck!

1 Comments:

Blogger amylovie said...

Good luck on Hipster and your first felt.

Amy

10/23/2005 06:55:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home