I am so excited!! I am at the toe of my Jaywalker sock and I have plans for more socks throughout my favorit month of the year!!
But, until I get around to posting pictures, a survey from the lovely Lolly:
When did you start making socks?
- Newyears eve, (2004-2005)
Did you teach yourself or were you taught by a friend or relative? or in a class?
- had to teach myslef
What was your first pair?
- a plain pattern with self verigated yarn that makes a pattern, made up of black, white and the primary colours
How have they "held up" over time?
- yes, most likely becuse I don't wear them much because I didn't know how to purl so they roll down and noy me
What would you have done differently?
- learned how to purl so the ribbing would work and they would stay up, join the heel properly so the sock wouldn't be half knit half purl when I was done
What yarns have you particularly enjoyed?
- self patterning (is that a word?)
Do you like to crochet your socks? or knit them on DPNs, 2 circulars, or using the Magic Loop method?
- DPNs, but would love to learn to use circulars!!
Which kind of heel do you prefer? (flap? or short-row?)
- short row (only one I've tried)
How many pairs have you made?
- 5, but have two on the needles
Look forward to sock pictures and who I spent my Thanksgiving weekedn with! (hint: an animal!)
P.S. it's my birthday soon! I'm so excited!!!