Saturday, October 08, 2005

My journey into the world of cosmetics

Today I made lip gloss. I am very proud of this lip gloss. I needed an idea for a friends birthday, and while looking on Craftster in the gift idea posts, I decided I should make some lip gloss! I had trouble finding containers at Michales (grr), so I gave up and used old mint and glitter containers. I used the tutorial for chocolate lip gloss, say it with me now, mmmmmm!!! So far they are cooling in the fridge, and boy do they smell good! I already have plans to use some old lipgloss for colour in a new batch of gloss. it's really simple, vaseline or beeswax, whatever you prefer, colour, flavor and a container. I am also decorating a lable for it. This was such a fun day!! (edit: here is the finished product! they are soft, and it reminds me of this chocolate lip balm you can buy at Lush, it's in a whiped mousse form)

I also plan to try this by melting chocolate chips, to see if it is more of an intense chocolate flavor. And I found some Cristal Light individual juice mix packages from the summer in raspberry so I will try that to! Yummy!!

The only good thing about Michales today was that they had cute blank notecards with knitting girls on them!! Ive seen other people get them from their sp's. They have a black shadow of a girl holding some sort of knitted item. Too cute! Can't wait to use them!! -mmmmm, chocolate

1 Comments:

Blogger yahaira said...

holy crap, you made lip gloss?! you are definately on my list of cool girls!

cant wait to see your arm warmers and clapotis

10/09/2005 11:13:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home