Tuesday, November 15, 2005

I hate being sick

I feel like crap. My throat hurts all the time, even more when I swallow. But amazingly I feel better today than yesterday. I was practicly falling asleep in class. No work was done. So now all I have is a sore throat that I hope will go away. But now that I feel better I can knit! My plan is to finish up all projects on my needles (christmas gifts) and the kitty hat for my friend, so I can pay all my attention to Clapotis. She is crying out to me. I just got a red pea coat and she goes beautifully with it. So I need to knit really quickly and get everything done now! I am progressing well with the kitty hat, it's really simple. And I am going to finish another pair of fingerless mittens and then move onto the face cloth. Here is an interesting picture of the hat...

What? It's the only thing I could think of to model it on. theres a towel on my head!
About that blue and orange Gap sweater? Well, it did not want to unravel itself so I could graft it together nicely, so I decided to just sew the cuff to the arm. It doesn't look too bad, and now all I need to do is make the body more fitted and its done!!

Here it is mid way through so you can see the difference in the arm lenght. As you can see the cats have a taste for natural fibres. Try sewing this with a cat in your lap!!!

And here is the finished product. I think it looks nice. Can't wait to finish it and wear it!

And while I was surfing the tv the other day, look what I found!

Unfortunatly the tv was acting up so I did not get to watch it, but it makes me happy to know that I could watch knitty gritty! I just need to find out when it's on again.

And finally, I have my clogs! they will make me happy once they are sprayed and I can wear them. Thats why they have plastic bags in them.

So I'm off to knit. I really want to get everything done. GOF in 2 days!!!! I know I won't get the mittens done......... but who cares when you have a scarf? oh well, I'll have them for christmas. Cheers.

-Karen

2 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

Sore throats are the worst - I hope yours goes away soon. That was such a great idea for fixing the sweater. It looks like it's coming along nicely. Good luck on all the knitting projects you have lined up - sounds like there will be lots of FO's on your blog in the near future! How fun!!

11/16/2005 06:36:00 AM  
Blogger amylovie said...

I hope you get to feeling better soon.

I'm FINALLY to the decrease section of my Clapotis. The end is in sight!!

Amy

11/17/2005 08:17:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home