Sunday, November 27, 2005

We are 16 going on 17.....

Before I go into detail about the fabulous party last night, let me show you what I woke up to!

SNOW! There is hope! Seeing as we usually don't get snow untill January, there is hope for a snowy holiday! :D Ok, now to the party!! We started the night off by going to this amazing little greek restaurante by the river. It had an amazing veiw of the river, with the bridge all lit up and boats with christmas lights floating by........very chic. I opted for the Chicken Souvlaki (sp??). And to top it all off, at the end of our dinner there was a belly dancer! It was for another party, but you could hear the music all over the restaurante! Then home for dessert.

Here we all are at the table:

My friend had dedicated all friday to this cake. Two cake mixes, three pans, and a sh*t load of iceing! In the end, we ended up with a three tiered cake! Oh my, it was amazing! And so yummy! They used special iceing that is not too sweet and is airy so you don't mind eating alot of it! There was a sugar rose on top, and my friend said it looked like a cake in one of those splenda commercials! To go with this fancy cake we had fancy drinks. They remind me of Knit and Tonic, because of the colours. It was really sparkeling pink lemmonaid with fruit on sticks, but in martini glasses. We had such a good time :D.

Here is the cake in all its glory!

The Birthday girl herself enjoying it!

Here is our fancy drink!

And our refills that we put confeti in. Can you read it?

Finally, we watched The United States of Leland. It was an interesting movie, a bit confusing, and sad, but all around good. We all enjoyed pouring out of our skirts/dresses into comfy pants so our stomach could expand from all the good food! I am so happy for my friend, she had a very sweet party and now we are all (except one) 16! The funny thing is, I didn't feel 16 untill this party. My party was so hecktic and unplanned and deffinatly not sweet. Now I feel like a lady (lol, *blush*).

So about my knitting, my friend absolutly LOVED the Kitty hat! She wore it practicly all night. I am so happy she likes it, and everyone was so amazed (you only used sticks and yarn???) so I think I may have some more orders on the way.

Do you think she likes it?

Christmas knitting, well hasn't done much. I need to return the book to the library soon, so I want to try and renew it. GAH! Plus I have to buy 2 more birthday gifts!!! I think this calls for a trip to the mall!!! Clapotis is still moving along well. I am going to have to figure out how much of the last ball to use before I decrease soon. I may not get all 12 repeats, but I want to get as many as I can. This will require some brain power, so best to do it in the middle of the day. But I absolutly love her! - The sweetest 16 year old in my family :P

4 Comments:

Blogger amylovie said...

What a fantastic party. I looks like your friend adores her gift.

I ruined my Clapotis. $130 and about 2 months of work down the toilet. It gives me hives just thinking about it.

Amy

11/28/2005 05:15:00 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

The party looked and sounded so great - good for you gals!!! Greek food - yum yum yum. I love the hat, it came out wonderful. Your friend really seems to love it.

11/28/2005 05:32:00 AM  
Blogger yahaira said...

aww it looks like you guys had so much fun!

finish that clap soon!

11/28/2005 07:15:00 PM  
Blogger knittinmom said...

Now THAT is a cake! We went to a b-day party yesterday, but it was for a 3-year-old. That is a whole different scene, let me tell you! Fortunately her mom has good taste in baked goods and got a nice, yummy dark chocolate cake for the grown-ups to enjoy.

Happy b-day to your bud! Looks like y'all had a great time!

12/04/2005 11:47:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home