Sunday, January 01, 2006

Another year, another diary....................... no I wont go all Bridget Jones on you, but I just had to say that!! I have a confession to make. Instead of the planned fuzzy feet I was going to knit, I decided to make the French Market Bag instead. I had been wanting to make the FMB for a long time, and I had a moment where it all of a sudden clicked. The yarn I had was the right gauge, maybe not quite enough, but I was up for a challenge. So thats what happend. A few days later and I had myself a bag!! It was quite an experience felting. I have a new front loader (!!!) and I read on the knitty forums that people suggested puting the item to be felted in a zippered pillowcase. We had no pillowcases the zipped, let alone close so I put the bag in a regular one. It came out, but it seemed to have felted fine without the pillowcase!!! One other, feature, of the bag is the very short handels. I knit them probably shorter that suggested length because I was running out of yarn, and I thought they would stretch like the belt part of Hipster. They didn't, but it's not too bad. Overall I am happy with the bag. Another confession of mine, I left my digital camera at the friends house I was at for a new years party, so I don't have a picture of the FMB. The before, during, and after felting pictures are still on the camera! So for now I promise I will put the pictures up later!! Karen

1 Comments:

Blogger amylovie said...

I bet it is cute. Can't wait to see it.

Amy

1/02/2006 09:54:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home