Saturday, January 28, 2006

Trying on pants is a dangerous thing.......

Hello again. it's been a long time since I've posted. Blame it on finals. However, my only easy final, a dance performance, is over with and was sooo much fun!! Yes, I was a fairy in Snow White (instead of little animals we were fairys). We performed at an elementary school and they loved it! We had lots of fun, and now we can relax in the last 3 (*gasp*) days of school. Then I have a lovely math final. Wish me luck. I have not been knitting much in the new year so far. I made a cat toy, and that's about it. I worked 2 rows on my clap one weekend, but I was too sick to do more. I received some lovely hand painted merino (that I won for the holiday KAL, thanks again Alison!!) and now I think I have decided to knit a hat with it. I have also given up on the razor shell socks. They are lovely, and very lacy (which I LOVE), but I think they are too big. I just knit the size they are writen in, not bothering to check and see if they would fit (the pattern said a ladys medium, I'm an 8 so I considered that medium.....). I have left them on the needles, and I will probably unravle them later. I don't know what I'll do with the yarn....... if I feel like it I will alter the pattern. If not (the more likely choice), I will make some plain ankle socks. But I am very happy that I will have a week break from school so in that time I will finish my clap!!! Plus, I joined the Knitting Olypmics (who hasn't??) and will be casting on Shimmer. I have been meaning to knit this since november. I hope I can make it in the 16 days!!! Oh!, next semester I have textiles, so I can knit then! Ok, I'm very happy now :D. Speaking about courses, I need to figure out what I am going to take next year!! This is so stressful, I feel as if my future depends on whether I take the right classes in grade 12!! I'm torn between what I want to do. I would love an internship at a fashion magazine, but I don't know if I would want to write articles or "investigate" the up and comming fashons, or do photography ............... I was talking with my parents, and my mom wants me to work with children or old people. I'm sorry, but I get frustrated teaching people and I can only act like I like something for so long. Not as a long term job. AH! What to do??? Oh, and just the thing to make my day. I was trying on some jeans, and in Amerian Eagle the changing room doors close by them selves if left open. As I was closing the door, I guess I forgot about that, and I got my fingers closed in the door!! Now I have two little purple bruses on my fingers, and they are a bit swolen and still hurt. I wanted to scream but I couldn't, I could only swear in my head and jump around the changing room. Darn hand always getting in the way!! So, that's basicly what I have been up to. I promise some cute kitty pictures and actual knitting content on my next entry. happy knitting!! P.S., been listening to Knit Cast, Cast On, Knitting News cast, and Muggle Cast on the pod.

2 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

Ouch - closing your fingers in the door sounds so painful. Not to mention, a great hardship to the knitting. :( Hope they are better soon. Good luck on your math final, and enjoy your break . . . lots of knitting time - woo hoo!

1/29/2006 05:48:00 AM  
Blogger amylovie said...

Aren't the pod casts fun?!

1/30/2006 08:59:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home